Welcome

Plz follow me here or follow my email! Thank you for reading x

Monday 12 March 2012

i felt like writing a new story so here it is, im not sure wat it is yet...... ) *thinks*

The sun was out, shining blissfully while we lay underneath it happily,  Cherry on 1 side and Russel on the other. We had been friends as long as we could remember, and often spent dreamy afternoons here in Red park, talking and reading and having picnics. We sometimes spent nights here aswell, with our tent; we spent many hours telling ghost stories and cooking marshmallows over the fire. Today was especially hot and we lay on the stiff grass, almost sleeping.
"What would it be like to be a bird?" Cherry asked, out of the blue, just like the sky.
"Hmmmm, i don't know" i mumbled
"Like reincarnation.... i want to be a bird"
Russel laughed at her "If you want to be a bird, fly!!"
"I wish i could" Cherry sighed,  she was silly sometimes but we had all grown used to it.
We sat silently for a minute, watching the birds whizz past the sky. Cherry reached up, arms stretched as if she could catch them.
"My nana used to have a pet budgie, called barney" i said to her,
"What happened to it?" she asked
"It died, of old age, so that isn't too bad"
"Poor Barney" Russel said
"i hate death" whispered Cherry
"Well no-one especially likes it, do they" Russel said,
"We're all going to die one day" she shuddered "Thats so scary"
"Well, we can't help it, you've got to live life to the full... i guess"
"But all the time, don't you have that little nip at the back of your mind, telling you over and over, and it turns the sunniest day to the coldest storms, do you ever have that?"
We stayed silent for another minute thinking, turning it over in our mind like a pancake, Russel's was done earlier than mine.
"You can't live your life thinking that Cherry! You have to live life as if you aren't going to die, or better still like your going to die tomorrow, and you need to have as much fun as you can! that would be a good excuse for not doing your homework"
I rolled my eyes at him "Your the only that doesn't do it Russel"
"What do you think Rose?" she asked me
i shrugged " Russel kind of summed it up, how could a day has nice as this be a snow storm. Stop anaylising everything Cherry, just go with the flow"
"I can't go with the flow, if i'm going to die!"
"Some say death is quite peaceful"
"I doubt it... i would be scared"
"My granny says shes waiting to die, she says shes sick of earth" Russel said
"I would hate to be sick of life, sick of the sun, sick of the grass, how can you be sick of life?"
"I don't know" i muttered and rolled onto the grass, and closed my eyes, i wasn't tired any more, that conversation had made me feel buzzed up, like when your just about to go down on a roller coaster, i was scared almost.
I quickly got up feeling sick and light headed, the park span around me in a green blur.
"I need to go" i said
"Why?" said Russel
"Eh, my mum says i've got to be back... now"
"We'll walk you" said Cherry.
"No, no don't bother" i rushed off into the sun. I ran across the park, past the slides, and swings, and noisy children, the trees screamed at me and the grass swalloed me up. i stepped onto the pavement and heard voices screaming behind me, i got on my bike and pushed off, my pedals moved quicker and quicker as i gathered speed. I heard a final shout, and i turned the corner, into a shiny metal truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment